Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sports Relief Mile

So I signed up for the Mile a few months ago.

I arrived on a very foggy cold morning with the expectations of all these fit runners getting ready to whizz around me and leave me standing. We had the options of doing 1, 3 or 6 miles. I signed up for 1 mile.

  

As you can see I wore the WLS Support Group Shirt which did get a few looks.

So we set off, walking the mile, to my amazement we did this is just under 15 mins, so always up for a challenge, I opted to go for the 3 mile distance.


So here I am, jogging on my second lap of the field, and to be honest, I am not a good runner at all, but I did walk a lot of it, and it really felt good when I was over taking people.

Well on the third lap, I knew that was enough for me, so I walked a lot of it, and saved my energy for the last straight so I could jog to the finish.

  

So having crossed the finish line, and my wife and children waiting for me, I was the proudest person on the field.

I may not have been the fastest person, I may not have run the furthest distance, BUT I did do it, and have turned my life around, 

 

A great day was had by all, and I would encourage anyone of any shape and size to take part in a event like this, its a great way to make new friends and set yourself personal challenges.









No comments:

Post a Comment