Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

50 Mile Charity Bike Ride

So a while ago, I set myself a goal of riding 50 miles in one day, and today the day arrived.

I set off just before 9am and did a easy 22 miles.

I was then joined by some friends of mine, who did a further 14 miles with me, this really did help me, as my this time, I was starting to ache.

I then took on the challenge of a further and final 14 miles, if I am totally honest, this was the hardest bit of the event and ride, not only because I was tired and worn out, but also because it was the last stretch on my own.

I didn't have anyone to push me the last stage and by this time, my legs and bum were hurting lol

However I just dug in deep, and pushed myself to the final mile, where I was met at the finish by my wife and my parents.

I was aiming to raise 350.00 but in the end, I think I will have raised over 600.00.The cause I was raising the money for is BOSPA - British Obesity Surgery Patients Association.

I would encourage anyone who has had weight loss surgery to set themselves a challenge to see how the surgery can help them turn there life around.

I am now thinking of my next challenege should be.

I would like to thank everyone that have sponsored me and everyone that has supported me in many different ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment