Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Surgeon's Meeting

So I had my meeting with my surgeon on the 2nd June, to say I was nervous was a understatement. Not as I had put on weight since the last time I had seen him, as I knew I was far lighter than the last time.

So I got on the scales, only for the surgeon to be shocked at how much I had lost since last time, he told me that most people put on a few Kg's since there last visit to hospital, but I had lost another 10 Kg.

He then examined my tummy, and pressed a few times and said that he be happy to do my operation.

We then sat down and had a chat about the bypass procedure and what to expect and he also agreed to take my gallbladder out at the same time as that had been playing me up just recently.

He opened his diary, and saw that he had a cancellation for the 22nd June, and turned and asked me if I wanted that date as I had done so well on my weight loss.

So I snatched his hand off and then it suddenly dawned on me that I only had 3 weeks to go before my surgery.

He then asked me to see the dietician which I did who discussed the pre op diet (4 pints of semi skimmed milk a day), and the diet required after my operation.

In the end I left a happy bunny, if not a little shocked.

So the next blog you read will be me, probably sat in my hospital bed, waiting to go down to theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment